Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DIY Facial Cleanser

I have very sensitive skin and cannot use most of the facial cleansers you can buy in the stores. I have tried just about everything except the really expensive stuff, because I don't feel like spending that much money on a regular basis. So far, I have found that CeraVe is the best for me, but even that is a little harsh on my skin. Now, that I have found a way to make my own facial cleanser, I don't have to suffer harsh side effects.

It all started when I found a recipe on Pinterest for facial cleanser. Deciding that I had nothing to lose, I gave it a shot. I did not like the recipe I found, but I knew I was onto something. The original recipe called for a solution of mainly water with some baby shampoo and a tiny bit of mineral oil. I used olive oil instead of mineral oil just because I did not have any mineral oil. I did not like the mainly water solution, so I set out to find a way to remedy that.

Once I perfected my recipe, it was like magic. The skin on my face has never felt so amazing. It is smooth, soft, and even healing itself from a few skin conditions that I have. I do use a moisturizer after I use the cleanser, but that is because my skin gets really dry really fast. The moisturizer I use also has ceramides in it which helps to repair the skin's protective layer.

Now for the recipe I use:

You will need:
Baby shampoo (Johnson&Johnson will work, but so will a generic)
Olive oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
Water (I just use regular tap water, but you could also use purified or distilled)

Instructions:
Get a little 3 fluid ounce bottle from the travel section. Start with the baby shampoo, and fill the bottle about halfway. Then fill it to about three-fourths of the way with olive oil. Finally, fill it the rest of the way with water. Mix these thoroughly (I use a drink mixing stick) and store in the bottle until ready to use. Remember to shake it before use just to make sure it is mixed because it will settle over time.

That's it. Cheap and easy to make and nothing harsh on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment